A wise woman once noted: there is nothing better in this world than a friend, unless there is a friend with chocolate. In the same vein, a friend with a chocolate pie is probably hard to beat. You know this is going to be a good pie, because the first ingredient is sugar. In truth, this is a decadent pie and a little goes a long way, which is great, because you will be able to enjoy it for days and days (unless you have five kids, and then you'll have to fight to enjoy it at all).
No oven needed, just the fridge and time
1. Combine the sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a medium saucepan and whisk it together.
2. Pour in the milk and egg yolks and whisk them together.
3. Stir over medium heat until it starts to bubble and thicken (thick like pudding). At this very moment, remove it from the heat.
4. Stir in the chocolate, vanilla, and butter until it is nicely combined.
5. Pour the pudding into the pie crust and place it in the refrigerator for about 4 hours.
6. Pour any extra pudding into little ramekins. Use one finger to scoop out some liquid love, close your eyes, and drift into heaven.
7. When you are ready for actual pie, then serve it with whip cream.