Sweet potato casserole with marshmallows
Second only to the dinner rolls is the sweet potato casserole with marshmallows. Let's face it, everyone is just eating it to get the perfectly browned and crispy marshmallows that are glued together in sticky perfection. People add all kinds of crazy stuff to this, but we keep it simple so that the marshmallows can speak for themselves.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
1. Peel the sweet potatoes
2. Cube the sweet potatoes so that they are smaller chunks to boil.
3. Bring a pot of water to boil and then put the cubed sweet potatoes and boil until they are soft.
4. Once soft, strain the water and let the sweet potatoes drain so they aren't sopping wet.
5. Place the sweet potatoes in your Bosch and mix them up!
6. Add in the butter then slowly add in the milk and mix it, checking for consistency to make sure it doesn't get too runny. If you don't use all the milk, you can drink the rest.
7. Add in the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and mix away.
8. Place the sweet potatoes in a 2 quart corningware making sure there is none stuck to the sides.
9. Cover in marshmallows and bake in the oven until the marshmallows are browned on top and the sweet potatoes are nice and warm.